A lot of the problems on your iPhone can easily be fixed with a hard reset. It does not matter if your device is lagging or you are having issues with apps. But the question is that many people do not know how to hard reset iPhone 12.
In case if the same goes for you, too, then I can help you out. In this article, I am going to talk about how you can hard reset your iPhone 12, erase iPhone 12 settings, and perform a factory reset.
How to Reset iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, Mini & Pro Max?
Before I go ahead and tell you how you can hard reset your iPhone 12, let me mention that reset simply means restart. So by performing a reset, you are not erasing your phone’s data. Instead, it will just restart your iPhone 12.
To reset, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, press the volume down button and side button at the same time.
- When you get to see the slide to power off the slider on your screen, simply let go of the volume down and side buttons.
- Next, slide the slide to power off the slide to shut down your iPhone 12.
- Once the iPhone 12 is switched off, you have to wait for a few seconds and then press the side button again.
- Finally, when the Apple logo appears on your iPhone screen, release the side button, and iPhone 12 will restart.
How to Hard Reset iPhone 12?
Sometimes the usual hard reset is not something that will solve all your problems. In this case, a hard reset is a good alternative. You should also know that a hard reset is also a force restart.
To reset your device, do follow these steps:
- At first, press the volume up button and release it.
- Then press the volume down button and release it.
- Next, press the hold the side button. Also, do ignore the slide to power off slider.
- Finally, when the Apple logo appears, let go of the side button, and your iPhone 12 will get restarted.[quads id=11]
How to Reset iPhone 12 Settings?
You should also know that you can easily reset your iPhone 12 settings. So in case if you have messed up your settings, you can reset them without resetting your phone.
To reset your iPhone settings, you have to go to Settings > General > Reset. Over here, you will find different iPhone 12 reset options. Such as:
- Reset all settings: This will reset all the iPhone settings to the defaults. However, it will not erase any app or data.
- Erase All Content and Settings: It will delete all the data on your iPhone. Including all your settings, files like pictures, music, videos, apps data.
- Reset Network Settings: It will only reset the network settings on your iPhone 12 to the default ones. Like the Bluetooth and wifi passwords.
- Reset Keyboard Dictionary: By selecting this option, you can remove any custom spellings and words you have added to your iPhone’s dictionary.
- Reset Home Screen Layout: You can also reset your home screen layout to the default settings. And easily remove all the custom.
- Reset Location & Privacy: This will remove all the location information and privacy settings. So the apps that require your GPS location, address book, microphone, or other private data will have to ask for the same permission again.
How to Factory Reset iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, Mini & Pro Max?
- At first, turn off iCloud and Find My iPhone by going to the settings > [Your Name] > Sign Out.
- Once you have signed out, go back to the main settings screen.
- Now go to general.
- Simply scroll down and tap on reset.
- After that, tap on Erase All Content and Settings and enter your iPhone passcode.
- Then a popup screen will appear telling you that it will delete all your files. Simply tap on erase to continue.
- Finally, wait for a few moments, and iPhone will get deleted and restart back.
So that was an answer to your how to hard reset iPhone 12 question. Now go ahead and check the steps out and see how they are working for you. Also, for any other questions, do feel free to comment below.
This article includes affiliate links, which may provide small compensation to TechBrane.