Mobile gaming has come a long way since the days of the original iPhone, with modern mobile processors capable of powering console-like experiences in games like Genshin Impact, League of Legends: Wild Rift and Diablo Immortal.
But on its own, the iPhone experience loses a lot from not having conventional buttons for gameplay. That’s where iPhone game controllers come in. Here’s 6 of the best controllers to improve your iPhone gaming experience.
Razer Kishi Mobile Game Controller
The Razer Kishi mobile controller has an aesthetic very similar to the Switch, so it should be especially comfortable for fans of that mobile console.
- Plugs directly into the phone
- Optional bundle with earphones or grip tape
- Works with iPhone X, 11, and 12
Xbox Series S/X Wireless Controller
For one of the most straightforward control methods, the Xbox Core wireless controller can be easily paired with iOS phones wirelessly.
- Tried and true design
- Up to 40 hours of battery life
- Connects seamlessly with Xbox and PC
Playstation DualSense Wireless Controller
The classic Playstation Dualshock controller design updated for the PS5 is a safe option for a quality controller. Plus, the built-in microphone along with the headphone jack makes gaming on the go even easier.
- Features dynamic haptic feedback
- Classic controller design with modern features
- Compatible with the PlayStation 5 and PC
PowerA MOGA XP5-X Plus
For a little extra convenience, the PowerA MOGA takes the Xbox controller design and adds some functionality to make it easier to use while on the go.
- Includes a detachable phone clip
- Comes with three USB cables
- Has an integrated power bank to charge the phone
This officially Apple-licensed Steelseries controller works with all Apple products including Apple TVs, iPads, and iPhones. The design comes from the always-reliable Xbox controller.
- Rechargeable battery with up to 50 hours of playtime
- Includes four months of Apple Arcade
- Comes with a detachable phone holder
Backbone One Mobile Gaming Controller
The Backbone One mobile gaming controller is another side-by-side controller with a layout similar to the Nintendo Switch. It plugs directly into the phone for a low latency connection and allows for pass-through charging.
- Includes one month of Xbox Game Pass
- Features a 3.5mm headphone jack port
- Works with almost any iPhone from the 13 to the 6
The GameSir X2 is designed for simplicity and ease of use. It works with a variety of phone models and features a design to allow the phone to cool more efficiently.
- Up to 20 hours of battery life
- Simple button layout with a side by side design
- Supports phones up to 173mm long
With mobile gaming boasting more power than ever before, it makes sense that the control scheme can keep up. With these mobile controller options, games can look and feel just like playing at home.